Deadline: June 30, 2016
Location: DE MONTFORT UNIVERSITY, UK
DE MONTFORT UNIVERSITY, UK announce Square Mile International Scholarship Which is available to an extraordinary student for pursuing a masters degree program in UK.
DMU’s commitment to public good is demonstrated by its award winning Square Mile project which aims to improve the lives of residents close to its campus using the skills and knowledge of the university community. This scholarship will allow a talented international student to lend his or her personal skills and enthusiasm for volunteering to the Square Mile project, while benefiting from a first class Masters education.
This full scholarship will be awarded to an outstanding student, wishing to enter Masters study, who has excelled academically and can demonstrate a clear passion in supporting his or her local community. There is one scholarship award available and it will be allocated through an application and selection process. The award will cover tuition fees, one return flight to the UK and back and a living allowance.
Offer holders for the following Masters courses are eligible to apply:
Faculty of Art, Design and Humanities
Faculty of Business and Law
Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
Faculty of Technology
- Climate Change and Sustainable Development MSc
- Energy and Industrial Sustainability MSc
- Energy and Sustainable Building Design MSc
Minimum entry requirement
- First class bachelor’s degree or equivalent, already achieved or expected
- An offer of admission from DMU
- Evidence of commitment to volunteer for the Square Mile project while at DMU.
Price of Award:
There is one scholarship award available and it will be allocated through an application process. The award will cover total tuition fees, one return flight to the UK and back and a living allowances. A monthly allowances of £800 (excluding taxes), to be paid by bank transfer to the scholarship winner for 12 months from September 2016 until August 2017.
To apply, please complete the scholarship application web form below.
The 500 word statement should cover the following points:
- Your understanding of and passion for your chosen area of study.
- Previous examples of volunteering work or commitment in the local community.
- How you would make a positive contribution to DMU’s Square Mile project.
- How the scholarship and a DMU postgraduate degree would help you to contribute to your local community in the future.
The education summary should include qualifications or results achieved to date, including awarding institution and GPA achieved.
To Apply: http://www.dmu.ac.uk/international/en/fees-and-scholarships/dmu-square-mile-international-scholarship.aspx