Application Deadline: The application deadline is 22 July 2016.
Swansea University, College of Science is offering a number of postgraduate scholarships. Scholarships are available to all new non-UK/EU students for September 2016 entry.
The aim of the Swansea University scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able international students.
The university has enjoyed a period of tremendous growth, and we have achieved our ambition to be a top thirty research university, soaring up the 2014 Research Excellence Framework league table to 26th in the UK from 52nd in 2008.
Applicants should hold a minimum of a 2.1 degree (or equivalent). SWELT is the official English language test for international students wishing to study at Swansea University. The test is designed, administered and marked by English Language Training Services staff and is accepted by Swansea University as an alternative to IELTS as part of applicant’s application for a CAS.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to undertake postgraduate degree program.
Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields of science to help students in upgrading their education.
List of Subjects:
- MSc Environmental Biology: Conservation and Resource Management
- MRes Biosciences
- MSc Computer Science
- MSc Advanced Software Technology
- MSc Advanced Computer Science
- MRes Computing and Future Interaction Technologies
- MRes Logic and Computation
- MRes Visual Computing
- MSc By Research Computer Science
- MSc Environmental Dynamics and Climate Change
- MSc Geographic Information and Climate Change
- MSc by Research in Earth Observation
- MSc by Research in Environmental Dynamics
- MSc by Research in Glaciology
- MSc by Research in Global Environmental Modelling
- MSc by Research in Global Migration
- MSc by Research in Media Geographies
- MSc by Research in Social Theory and Space
- MSc by Research in Urban Studies
- MSc Mathematics and Computing for Finance
- MRes Stochastic Processes: Theory and Application
- MSc By Research in Mathematics
- MSc High Performance and Scientific Computing
- MSc By Research Antimatter Physics
- MSc By Research Cold Atoms and Quantum Optics
- MSc By Research Laser Physics
- MSc By Research Lattice Gauge Theory
- MSc By Research Nanotechnology
- MSc By Research Quantum Fields & Strings
- MSc By Research Theoretical Particle Physics
Scholarship Award: Each scholarship is to be offset against international tuition fees. The value of individual scholarships is as follows: £3000.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Criteria is
- Scholarships are available only to new postgraduate applicants who are non-UK/EU categorized students
- Scholarships will be used to offset tuition fees
- Applicants should hold a minimum of a 2.1 degree (or equivalent)
- Applicants should have already applied formally to the University for a place on one of College’s postgraduate programmes. Information regarding the application procedure can be found on the Admissions Office website
- Please note that applicants progressing from ICWS are not eligible to apply for a College of Science International Scholarship
- Applicants must enrol on a course in the College for the first time in September 2016
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application after 1st July 2016; successful applicants must confirm acceptance of their scholarship, accept an offer of a place on a course and pay their £2000 deposit
- Scholarship holders are expected to cooperate with the College’s recruitment activities
- If it is deemed necessary for a scholarship holder to suspend their studies, the scholarship will be held and carried forward to the year of resumption of studies and the candidate will be expected to pay their personal contribution on a pro-rata basis
- If in view of the Head of College a scholarship holder’s progress is deemed to be unsatisfactory, the scholarship may be withdrawn. A scholarship may also be withdrawn on grounds of failure to comply with any of the conditions attached to the award. The candidate may be required to repay to the College any award which has been made, either in whole or in part, as determined by the College. If the scholar feels that such a withdrawal is unjustified, s/he may appeal in writing to the Head of College within 15 working days of the date of notification.
- The College of Science reserves the right to make, amend, withdraw, suspend or cancel without notice these and such other Regulations as may be in force from time to time and such decisions shall be final.
Nationality: Scholarships are available only to new non-UK/EU undergraduate applicants.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants should hold a minimum of a 2.1 degree (or equivalent).
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: SWELT is the official English language test for international students wishing to study at Swansea University. The test is designed, administered and marked by English Language Training Services staff and is accepted by Swansea University as an alternative to IELTS as part of applicant’s application for a CAS.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. Please attach a transcript detailing their courses and grades.