University of Newcastle
Deadline: 15 Sep 2016 (annual)
Study in: Australia
Course starts 2016/2017
Prospective and current research students are eligible to apply for University and Commonwealth Government scholarships, which are awarded during two rounds to domestic and international applicants.
University of Newcastle, Australia
Level/Field(s) of study:
Eligible Masters by Research or PhD programme offered at University of Newcastle.
Number of Scholarships:
Domestic and international students
A scholarship funded by the University of Newcastle or the Commonwealth Government provides an annual living allowance $26, 288 per annum (2016 rate – indexed annually). The scholarship may also include:
- • a relocation allowance (up to $2,020)
- • a thesis allowance (up to $500)
- • a full tuition fee scholarship (international students)
- • overseas student health cover (OSHC) (international students)
PhD scholarships are for three years and Masters scholarships are for two years, less any tenure already completed towards a research degree.
Eligibility criteria based on Commonwealth Government Scholarship Guidelines and candidates must:
- • satisfy the English proficiency requirement (IELTS of at least 6.5)
- • have a current offer of admission into a research higher degree.
- • have completed at least four years of undergraduate study and have attained Honours Class 1 or equivalent and a high grade point average (GPA)
- • be no more than two full-time equivalent years into their PhD (or one year for Masters) at the latest outcome date for the round in which they are applying.
Successful international scholarship candidates usually also have:
- • A master degree with strong research component
- • International peer reviewed research publication or research experience
New applicants can apply for a scholarship at the same time as applying for admission. The next deadline for scholarship applications is 15 September 2016.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.newcastle.edu.au/research-and-innovation/graduate-research/phd-and-research-degrees/scholarships#UON