Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is 12 August 2016.
The University of Melbourne is pleased to offer a postdoctoral fellowship in Constitutional Law. International applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Professor Adrienne Stone’s Kathleen Fitzpatrick ARC Laureate Fellowship Program aims to address a problem for liberal democracies: the need to reconcile the tensions between the pursuit of diversity and the promotion of social cohesion.
Melbourne Law School (MLS) is one of the professional graduate schools of the University of Melbourne. It is ranked No. 1 in Australia and No. 8 in the world in the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings 2015-2016. The QS rankings highlight the world’s top universities in 36 individual subjects, based on academic reputation, employer reputation, and research impact.
The University of Melbourne TOEFL Institution Code is 0974. Please use this code so that your results can be reported to us. Some faculties may accept graduate students with a slightly lower IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson Test of English or CAE score.
Course Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing the postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Constitutional Law.
Scholarship Award: Fellows will be employed at Level A.6 in the University Salary Band (currently $84,458 plus a 9.5% superannuation contribution) and will receive an additional $12,500 to be spent on program related conference costs over the term of their Fellowship.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this fellowship:
- Applicants must have graduated or have met the requirements to graduate with a PhD in Law or a related field by 1 December 2016.
- Applicants must provide evidence of the award of their Ph.D., including date of award.
- Applicants must be able to commence employment on 1 December 2016 and no later than 1 December 2017.
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme. (It is the responsibility of Fellows to apply for and satisfy the requirements for the issue of an appropriate entry visa to Australia. The offer of a Fellowship does not guarantee the granting of a visa and is conditional upon gaining a visa).
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have graduated or have met the requirements to graduate with a PhD in Law or a related field by 1 December 2016.
Test Requirement: Not required
English Language Requirements: The University of Melbourne TOEFL Institution Code is 0974. Please use this code so that their results can be reported to them. Some faculties may accept graduate students with a slightly lower IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson Test of English or CAE score.
Scholarships in Australia
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. Please provide Curriculum Vitae with your application form.
The following headings are to be included in your accompanying Curriculum Vitae: (maximum 3 pages in 12 point font (excluding publications)).
- Full name
- Address, telephone, and email contact
- Full details of education, postgraduate training
- Details of awards or prizes
- Details of any postgraduate and undergraduate teaching and supervision
- Details of your research activities, published works organised in the following categories (the date of acceptance should be provided for papers not yet published): Books, Refereed journal articles, Reviews, Chapters, Conference papers, Other publications.
Application Form Link