Weston High School is offering free online course on French Language and Culture. This course is intended for students who have completed the French classes necessary to qualify to enroll French AP language and Culture.
This three-week class will boost confidence before starting AP French Language and Culture class. The course will start on July 5, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours per week
Institution: Weston High School and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Add a Verified Certificate for $25
Session: Course starts on July 5, 2017
Weston High School offers its students a comprehensive and diversified program. Academic courses range from basic to advanced levels. Honors courses are offered in mathematics, world history, foreign languages, and science, while specific Advanced Placement subjects include art, biology, calculus, computer science, English, French, Spanish, European and U.S. History, and physics.
About This Course
Students who enroll in the French Language and Culture AP class must be ready to engage right from the beginning of the year in oral and written communication. The basis of the French grammar must be solid and the idea behind this course is to solidify these basis to allow student to enter the class with a strong foundation that will allow them to start communicating from the beginning of the school year, keeping the grammar to a minimal amount of review during the course of the school year.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Review of grammar points (possessives, demontratives, object pronoms)
- Review of verb conjugations and their uses (different tenses and modes)
- Writing a composition for the AP exam
Students will have completed the French classes necessary to qualify to enroll French AP language and Culture.
Ms Kulas , a native of France, has been teaching French at Weston Schools for 11 years. She received a Masters in French Literature at Tufts University.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- edX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org home page and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)