Professional Certificate Courses re available in the following specializations:
NGO Management & Administration (Non-Profit Services); a catalyst for change and sustainable development.
Fundraising and proposal writing for sustainability and effective project result.
The Institute’s training curriculum was developed in partnership with the Abia State University, while our programmes are endorsed by the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR-Nigeria).
Areas to be covered:
(1) NGO Management (Non-Profit Services Administration).
– Introduction to non – profit organization; typology and classifications, how to distinguish Foundation and Association from other NGOs.
– Essentials of non – profit organization; formation & steps in establishing NGOs, legal status and registration.
– Structures of an NGO; Managing Board of Trustees, Human Resource Management, Administrative Structure and Staffing in NGO.
– Advocacy for image building and resource mobilization towards sustainability
– Networking and Team Building to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
– Community Mobilization and participation for better impact and output
– Introduction to project and programme planning cum management
– How to develop annual work plan /strategic action plan
(2.) Effective Fundraising and Project Proposal writing in NGO
– Introduction to fundraising
– Methods and options in fundraising
– Strategies to succeeding in your fundraising
– Fundamental facts you need to know
– Needs Assessment/Community Needs Appraisal
– Introduction to proposal writing and guidelines
– Basic content of project proposal
– Concept paper and proposal; what makes the difference
– Why most proposals fail and others succeed; donor’s expectations etc
– Budgeting and work plan development
– Sustainability, monitoring & evaluation mechanism
Who Can Apply?
– Heads and Officers of NGOS, Foundations, Associations including religious organizations.
– Individual development consultants and those working in others sectors including government workers, students and others who wish to enhance their skills and build a career in these areas.
Those eligible for the scholarship should be young people between the ages of 17-35 years of age who can in not more than 250 words prove to us of their outstanding volunteerism experience or achievement in their school or community or evidence of any other outstanding humanitarian contribution vis-à-vis the reason behind their vision cum passion for humanitarian works, including what they intend to do with the knowledge to be acquired. In addition, young people with other physical health challenges or orphans who can demonstrate to us how this training intend to impact their lives and help shape their future or present career are eligible to apply.
Scholarships will range from full course fee to partial scholarships covering part of the course feeHowever, fluency in the use of English (written and spoken) is highly required; in this case, participants are expected to have at least passed through an O’ Level.
How to Apply
Complete Online Application: https://goo.gl/forms/gPYgzM9fEuoZkdWR2
Deadline for scholarship: Midnight 30th August, 2016
NGO Management- 12th – 14th of September, 2016 (Lagos). 5th-8th Oct (Abuja)
17th – 20th Oct (Owerri) 1st Oct – 3rd November (Enugu)
Fundraising and Proposal Writing- 19th – 22nd of September, 2016 (Lagos). 12th-15th Oct. (Abuja)
24th – 27th (Owerri) 7th – 10th November (Enugu)
Venues for the Short Courses:
– Institute for Humanitarian Studies and Social Development; Conference and Training Center, Lagos
– IHSD Liaison Center, Abuja
Certification: Professional Certificate shall be awarded at the end of the course.
For self-sponsored applicants:
Course fee: N40,000 per course and per participant
For inquiry,call the Secretariat/Registrar: +234 802 368 6143, +234 814 337 9193
For Abuja center, call: +234 803 784 7845, +234 806 616 1434
For Lagos center, call: +234 814 337 9193
For Owerri Center, call +234 803 041 4498
For Enugu Call, call +234 803 969 6611
Only applications and payments received on or before 30th of August, 2016 will be considered.
Visit official website