Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) is the first and top science & technology research university in Korea. Founded in 1971 to raise elites in science & technology, critical for Korea’s economic takeoff, KAIST has been the gateway to advanced science & technology, innovation, and a driving engine for the development of Korea for the past 4 decades. KAIST offers exciting scholarship for undergraduate international students.
- International applicants must not have citizenship of Korea. Korean citizens with dual citizenship are not allowed to apply as international students.
- He or she has graduated or will graduate from his or her secondary education by August 31, of the application year.
The award is expected to last throughout the duration of the students program at KAIST.
- Full tuition fee for 8 semesters
- 200,000~350,000 KRW living expenses per month
- Medical insurance
Requirement to Maintain Scholarship
Students must maintain GPA 2.7 and higher out of 4.3.
- Application form
- Statement of financial resources – KAIST Scholarship (original)
- One Recommendation Letter (Original)
- Secondary/ Tertiary school profile (copy)
- High school/University Transcript (copy)
- Standardized Official Test Report (copy)
- English Proficiency Test Report (copy)
- Passport or National ID (copy)
- Certificate of the facts concerning the Entry and Exit issued by the Korean Immigration office (original)
- Loss of Korean Nationality (original) for applicants with Korean descent
- Honors and Awards (copy)
Spring Session: September 5-January 31
Fall Session: December 1- April 28
The application fee is USD 80 or KRW 80,000. Payment can be made by credit card or bank transfer after writing application form online. Additional charges (i.e. bank charges) should be covered by the candidates. Please note that application fee is non-refundable and you cannot modify application form once you pay the application fee.