The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBITAK) is the leading agency for management, funding, and conduct of research in Turkey.
Applicants who hold a Ph.D. degree in Turkey should have a GPA minimum of 3.50/4.00 in a Ph.D. program. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for Ph.D. students and young postdoctoral researchers to pursue research at universities or research institutes in Turkey.
Study Subject(s): Fellowships are awarded in the field of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities.
Scholarship Award: Fellowship provides:
- The maximum duration of the fellowship is 12 months.
- A monthly stipend of 2,500 Turkish Liras.
- Travel costs (round trip up to 2,250 TL) and Health insurance premiums (up to 2,250 TL)*. In the case of approval of TÜB?TAK Department of Science
- Fellowships and Grant Programs (B?DEB) Steering Committee, travel costs and health insurance for the fellow may be partially covered.
- *All fellows should send the receipts of their travel and insurance expenses for the reimbursement via mail to TÜBITAK.
Scholarship can be taken in Turkey
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this fellowship:
- Applicants should be non-Turkish citizens. Applicants who hold dual citizenship with Turkey are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants should have an invitation from the universities or research institutes in Turkey.
- Applicants should certify that they have sufficient command of language to perform their research.
- Applicants must be 35 years old or younger.
- Applicants should be enrolled in a program in abroad for Ph.D. students.
- Applicants who hold a Ph.D. degree in Turkey should have a GPA minimum of 3.50/4.00 in the Ph.D. program.
Nationality: Foreign citizens (non-Turkish citizens) can apply for the research fellowship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants who hold a Ph.D. degree in Turkey should have a GPA minimum of 3.50/4.00 in a Ph.D. program.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: All applications must be submitted electronically. Documents required are:
- Application form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) for the applicant
- Research proposal
- A letter of acceptance from a university or a research institute in Turkey
- A motivation letter from the scientist in charge/advisor in Turkey
- Curriculum vitae and list of publications for the scientist in charge/advisor in Turkey,
- Language certificate
- BSc, MSc and Ph.D. transcripts
- Student certificates for Ph.D. students
- Permit for leave of absence from applicant’s institution for the applicants who is currently working ,
- Copy of Ph.D. Diploma for post-doctoral applicants,
- Copy of birth certificate or passport
- Two letters of recommendation
- Approval report of Ethics Committee the hosting institution.
Application Deadline: Application for the second term will be open from August 31, 2016, until October 07, 2016.