Application Deadline: The application deadline is 30 September 2016.
UNESCO and Czech Republic are inviting applications for fellowships programme. There is no possibility to change neither the field of study nor the study programme once the fellowship is awarded.
In order to promote human resource capacities in the developing Member States and to enhance friendship among peoples of the world, the Government of the Czech Republic has placed at the disposal of UNESCO three long-term fellowships for undergraduate studies (which comprises the Bachelor’s and Master’s study programmes for the academic year 2017-2018) for the benefit of certain developing Member States.
Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of a Member State of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permanent residence permit on the territory of the Czech Republic may therefore be granted this type of scholarship.
Course Level: Government of the Czech Republic has placed at the disposal of UNESCO three long-term fellowships for undergraduate studies (which comprises the Bachelor’s and Master’s study programmes for the academic year 2017-2018) for the benefit of certain developing Member States.
Study Subject(s): In line with UNESCO and Czech Republic’s commitment to maximize capacity-building, candidates who wish to study in the fields of natural resources and environment, forestry water and landscape management, technology and environmental engineering, economics and finance would be given priority. Note: There is no possibility to change the field of study/study programme once the fellowship is awarded.
Scholarship Award: Facilities offered by the Government of the Czech Republic:
Facilities offered by UNESCO
- UNESCO will cover international travel expenses within the framework of the Fellowships Programme under the Regular Programme. Upon selection of the candidates, UNESCO will undertake the necessary action to authorize tickets to the beneficiaries before their departure for the Czech Republic. And,
- A special one-time allowance of US$200 to cover transit and other miscellaneous expenses.
Scholarship can be taken in Czech Republic
- Requirements: English / French
- There is no possibility to change neither the field of study nor the study programme once the fellowship is awarded. The donor country highly recommends the following field of studies: Natural Resources and Environment, Forestry Engineering, Tropical Agriculture, Water and Landscape Management, Economics and Finance, Environment, Ecology and Environmental Protection, Informatics, Engineering Informatics, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Energy Engineering. Preference will be given to students who will take these fields of study.
- These fellowships are tenable in a selected number of universities in the Czech Republic for a maximum duration of 3 to 6 years. The studies being conducted in Czech language, the candidates to benefit from these fellowships will be required to take a special language and preparatory course before starting their studies. The Czech language course will be provided by the Charles University in Prague.
Nationality: Foreign students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
- All applications should be endorsed by the relevant Government body (such as the National Commission or Permanent Delegation), must be made on a Czech fellowship application form, filled out in English in electronic form until 30 September 2016.
- The registration will be open for application until 30 September 2016 (Midnight Paris Time). After filling out the application, the candidate is requested to submit an online motivation letter and take a test.