The school offers an innovative educational program focusing on policy and international issues and aims to transform mid-career professionals into leaders of their respective fields by equipping them with new knowledge, vision and a global perspective.
The KDI School of Public Policy and Management is a government-run graduate school affiliated to the Korea Development Institute (KDI), and a member of the National Research Council for Economics, Humanities, and Social Sciences.
If English is not applicant’s first language, they will need to meet the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing master degree program.
Study Subject(s): Scholarship is awarded for Public Policy and Development Policy.
Scholarship Award: The global ambassador scholarship will cover full tuition and provides monthly stipend for most recipients.
Scholarship can be taken in Korea
- Admitted international students
- Enrolled in a full-time master’s program will automatically become candidates for this scholarship.
International Applicants must meet one of the following:
- A foreign national whose parents are both foreign nationals. If you are an applicant of Korean origin and want to qualify as an international applicant , you must provide (1) a certified copy of birth certificate proving your relationship with both your parents and (2) a copy of both parents’ passports demonstrating their foreign nationalities.)
- An applicant who has completed at least 16 years of education (elementary, middle, high school, and university) in a foreign country. If you are an applicant of Korean origin and want to qualify as an international applicant , you must provide certified copies of academic transcripts or graduation certificates of your entire 16 years of education.
Applicants for master’s degree program must meet one of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree holder from an accredited college or university (min. 3 years)
Certificate of expected degree can be submitted if one is expected to earn a bachelor’s degree by August, 2016.
- Educational attainment equivalent to bachelor’s degree (min. 3 years) approved by law.
Nationality: International students can apply for this global ambassador scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Students are required to take one of the economic policy study areas, and may select additional study areas to cover 39 credits towards their graduation.
English Language Requirement: If English is not applicant’s first language, they will need to meet the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses.
How to Apply: The online application is available on KDIS admissions website. For scholarship there is no separate application. Most international students enrolled in a full-time master’s program will automatically become candidates for this scholarship. The required components for complete application packet are as follows:-
- Online Application
- Statement of Purpose (must use the official form)
- Certified Copy of Academic Transcripts
- Certified Copy of Degree Diploma, Graduate Certificate or Certificate of Expected Graduation
- Recommendation Letters
- Certified Copy of TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS, TEPS, OPIc Score Report or Certificate of Medium of Instruction
- Employment Verification
- Copy of Passport
- Two Photos (3cm x 4cm) or Photo File Upload
- Certified Copy of Birth Certificate & Copy of Both Parents’ Passports or Certified Copy of Academic Transcripts or Graduate Certificates of 16 Years of Education in a Foreign Country
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 25th, 2016.
Note: The Spring 2017 admission is scheduled from August 3rd, 2016 through October 25th, 2016.