Is it challenging to match your strengths with your interests? Is it challenging to name your skills why to choose you and communicate it meaningfully for your future employer?
Job hunting DIY is a skill-based training that equips youth workers with communication tools and employability skills to increase the abilities of youth to get engaged with the labour market in a conscious way.
This course is for young people who play a key role in their communities: e.g. youth workers, educators, trainers, mentors, coaches, members and leaders of project teams, organisations, communities, who work with groups and teams of diverse backgrounds.
The Job hunting DIY training consists of 6 working days, the program generally consists of 7 to 9 hours of activities and practice per day, and it is adapted to the needs of the group. There are indoor and outdoor training sessions. Some of the exercises are accompanied by music, game and play. We will do these according to the principles of non-formal learning, like learning by doing and active experimenting.
What skills can you improve?
– body language and the use of physical space
– identifying and stepping over thoughts and emotions
– creating and maintaining the connection in communication
– practicing different communication styles
– forming your message and getting it through
– communication in a team
– improve your sense of self-initiative and creativity
– read job ads, write and tailor your CV & cover letter
– enhance networking
– act on a job interview & much more
As a result of this course you may become skilled to:
– communicate more effectively with individuals in groups, in a variety of situations
– recognise your own style of communication
– adapt to the communication styles different from yours
– create a flow in cooperation
– improve your performance as a team member or leader
– match your strengths with your interests
– understand the needs of the labour market
– conduct a proactive job research
– independently get engaged with the labour market
– be able to multiplicate the gained knowledge and skills