The Minerals and Energy Research Institute of Western Australia is a statutory body established by the Western Australian Government Minerals and Energy Research Act 1987 to encourage the development of the minerals and energy industries within the State.
The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme at Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University and The University of Western Australia.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in one of the fields of In Situ Leaching, Data Analytics and Scale up from Bench to Production.
- 4 PhD research scholarships @ no less than $30,000 annually
- 1 Directors PhD scholarship @ no less than $40,000
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The main requirement of this MRIWA Scholarship is that candidates must have been accepted for enrollment to the university before applying for any MRIWA scholarship.
Nationality: Australian and International Students can apply for Western Australian Government Scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
English Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
How to Apply: Application Process – Obligatory
- Formal application for enrolment and scholarship through each university’s enrolment/application portal: Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University and The University of Western Australia &
- Expression of Interest necessary to MRIWA at penny.atkins-at-mriwa.wa.gov.au, as early as possible and no later than October 31, 2016.
EOI to include
- Name, residential address, contact telephone number and email
- University Academic Record
- Letters of reference from 2 academics familiar with your career
- One-page description of research proposal with a signed endorsement from proposed research supervisor, with their university and faculty
Application Deadline: Closing dates as per university. The overall closing date for MRIWA, 31 October 2016.