Mobility is the most effective method to start the Higher Education harmonisation process within the ASEAN region.” – ASEAN Stakeholders
As student mobility plays an important role in the further internationalisation and harmonisation of higher education, one of SHARE’s components is a scholarship programme for intra-ASEAN and ASEAN-EU mobility to test the application of credit transfer systems (ACTS and AECTS). The SHARE partner, EP-Nuffic, is implementing this scholarship programme through short-term (one semester) exchange of students with scholarships. This will be done by providing approximately 500 scholarships, of which 400 scholarships are allocated for intra-ASEAN mobility and 100 scholarships for ASEAN-EU mobility.
The SHARE scholarship programme offers a fully-funded, one semester exchange for undergraduate students from selected universities across the ASEAN region. EP-Nuffic will also facilitate capacity-building workshop for universities that are willing to enhance their internationalisation process, student mobility and the use of the new credit transfer systems.
For the pilot batch of the scholarship programme, SHARE has partnered with eight ASEAN universities to implement the scholarship programme. In the second batch of the scholarship programme from January to June 2017, the following universities will participate in the SHARE scholarship scheme:
- Cambodia: Royal University of Phnom Penh, University of Cambodia, Phnom Penh International University, National University of Management Cambodia
- Indonesia: Universitas Indonesia, Universitas Diponegoro, Bogor Agricultural University, Bina Nusantara University
- Lao PDR: National University of Laos
- Malaysia: Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Taylor’s University Malaysia, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Universiti Malaysia Sabah
- Myanmar: University of Yangon, Mandalay University, Myanmar Maritime University, Yangon University of Economics
- Philippines: University of the Philippines, University of Santo Tomas, De La Salle University, Ateneo de Manila University
- Thailand: Chulalongkorn University, Payap University, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi, Thammasat University
- Vietnam: Viet Nam National University, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Ho Chi Minh University of Technology and Education, Hue University
To learn more about the SHARE Scholarship Programme, including the application process, please click here.
Frequently asked questions about SHARE Scholarship, click here