CLOSING DATES FOR APPLICATIONS: 31 October 2016
The purpose of this scholarship is to promote educational opportunities for young ASEAN students with an excellent academic record and leadership potential who meet the below criteria.
Tuition fees(two trimesters, up to 120 points)
TENURE OF AWARD:
CLOSING DATES FOR APPLICATIONS:
31 October 2016
NUMBER OF AWARDS OFFERED:
Five scholarships offered.
History or background of award
To continue strengthening ties between Victoria University of Wellington and the ASEAN region, Victoria is pleased to offer the ASEAN Undergraduate Tuition Fees Scholarships.
– Be a citizen of an ASEAN country. ASEAN countries are Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam;
– Have an excellent record of academic achievement in their secondary school/university foundation programme studies;
– Be completing (or have completed) the academic requirements for admission into an undergraduate degree at Victoria University of Wellington in 2017;
– Have submitted an application to study at Victoria as an undergraduate International Student in 2017;
– Be intending to enrol for the first year of study of an undergraduate degree at Victoria University of Wellington in 2017;
– Be under 23 years old on 31 December 2016;
– Be able to obtain a student visa;
– Produce evidence of achievements or forecast achievements to meet the admission requirements;
– Have met Victoria’s English language requirements for undergraduate study;
– Not have lodged, personally or as dependents, a current application for migration or have been granted residence status in New Zealand.
How do students apply?
* Applications will be accepted during September and October, and must be received by Victoria University by 31 October. No application fee is required.
* Applicants should include certified copies of supporting documents that have not already been submitted to Victoria as part of an application for admission.
* A full list of the required documents can be found on the ‘Application Form.’
Upon receipt of applications, the International Programmes team will draw up a short-list of candidates on the basis of outstanding academic merit.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
The final selection from short-listed candidates will be made after a telephone or Skype interview and will take into account such factors as character, extra-curricular activities, international perspective, potential adaptability to a new country and ability to meet the costs of tuition after their first year of study at Victoria.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
See ‘Selection Criteria’
Who else has information about this award?
Return this completed application to reach the following address by 31 October:
PO Box 600, Wellington, New Zealand
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact:
Position: Victoria International
Organisation: Victoria University of Wellington
Address: PO Box 600 Wellington 6140