The aim of the scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
Leeds University Business School is a full-service business school, a faculty of the University of Leeds and a member of the Russell group of research-intensive universities, located in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England.
If students are an international student and/or English is not their first language, they need to pass an approved test to demonstrate that their level of English is suitable for postgraduate study.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for PhD research programme at the University of Leeds.
Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields within the Faculty of Arts to help students in upgrading their education.
Scholarship Award: The awards will cover the cost of academic fees at the University of Leeds standard UK/EU rate and a maintenance grant up to £14,296 per annum (rate for Session 2016/17). The level of funding for part-time awards will be pro-rata (50%).
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The Faculty of Arts Graduate School is seeking applicants that fulfil the following criteria:
- Applicants must have submitted a research degree study application form and be in receipt of a Student ID Number.
- Applicants must have submitted an application for a Faculty of Arts Cross Disciplinary Research Scholarship to their Lead School.
- Applicants must have a named Supervisor in both their Lead and Partner Schools.
- Applicants must hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the School’s English Language requirements (prior to or at registration).
- These awards are not open to individuals who have already been awarded or are currently studying for a Doctoral degree.
Nationality: UK/EU/International students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: If students are an international student and/or English is not their first language, they need to pass an approved test to demonstrate that their level of English is suitable for postgraduate study.
- IELTS: Overall 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in each section
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic: 64 on PTE Academic, with at least 60 in each of the skills
- Cambridge Advanced English (CAE) : Grade C or above
TOEFL iBT: At least 92 overall with a minimum of 21 in Listening, 21 in Reading, 23 in
- Speaking and 22 in Writing.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is electronically.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 10th March 2017.